Re: Can I use a 256 MB CF card for unslinging to?

  • fransmeulenbroeks
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, <mwester@...> wrote:

      > The multi-readers are multi-LUN devices; if it works in Unslung 5.5,
      it will be quite by accident.

      Not completely. If your card is in the slot that is LUN 0 it can be
      used. I recall having used that in the past.

      FM
    • Gregg C Levine
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        Hello from Gregg C Levine
        Exactly right. The CF card slot is indeed on LUN0 according to the
        SCSI general utilities for my Linux distribution which is running on
        the second disk drive in my XP computer. However double-checking my
        sources, a Staples store in Manhattan by the way, card readers (single
        not double) are now available at reasonable prices from Sandisk. Since
        the actual card will probably be one of theirs I might obtain that
        reader from the same location.

        I'll keep planning this I think. When and if everything works out,
        I'll let everyone know about it. And make a concerted effort to write
        a reasonably easy to follow explanation for the website.
        ---
        Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
        ---
        "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi