Re: [nslu2-linux] Trouble with DiversionScripts

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      In message <drr9qn+eulv@...>, kultcha <rcq@...> writes
      >hi all,
      >
      >I've created two diversion scripts (rc.local and rc.xinetd)
      >and put them /share/hdd/unslung with permissions matching those
      >in /etc/rc.d, but without affect.
      If you are running Unslung 5.5 and you have unslung to the hard disk
      then they need to go in /share/hdd/data/unslung (that is where mine
      are).
      Not too sure if the Wiki pages show this but you will find with 5.5 that
      this is the same folder as /unslung. Using the full path is the best
      way to guarantee that you don't accidentally put your scripts in a flash
      ram folder which was quite easy with previous versions of the firmware.

      The permission settings for my scripts are chmod 0755.

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        Thanks Robert, trouble fixed!

        Actually, I mistyped the script location. The wiki says diversion
        scripts should be in /share/hdd/conf/unslung, but DO NOT WORK there
        (on 5.5). They DO WORK in /share/hdd/data/unslung, as you said.
        The telnetd script works as advertized.

        Also note, the scripts do not work if end-of-lines have CR-LF,
        but must only have LF (yes, I know that's a given, but anyway :)

        My dnsmasq script was mistakenly calling another script that was
        already getting called at boot-time, so that had unrelated issues.

        Cheers,
        bq

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          And you've updated the wiki with the correct information, right?

          -- Rod

          wrote:

          > In message <drr9qn+eulv@...>, kultcha <rcq@...> writes

          > >hi all,

          > >I've created two diversion scripts (rc.local and rc.xinetd)

          > >and put them /share/hdd/unslung with permissions matching those

          > >in /etc/rc.d, but without affect.

          > If you are running Unslung 5.5 and you have unslung to the hard
          disk
          > then they need to go in /share/hdd/data/unslung (that is where
          mine
          > are).

          > Not too sure if the Wiki pages show this but you will find with
          5.5 that
          > this is the same folder as /unslung. Using the full path is the
          best
          > way to guarantee that you don't accidentally put your scripts in a
          flash
          > ram folder which was quite easy with previous versions of the
          firmware.

          > The permission settings for my scripts are chmod 0755.

          > >Can anyone make a suggestion? Any boot log that I can check?

          > >Here they are:

          > >----rc.xinetd to start telnetd (taken verbatim from the wiki)----

          > >#! /bin/sh

          > >if ( [ ! -f /etc/inetd.conf ] || !(grep telnetd /etc/inetd.conf -

          > >q) ) then

          > >echo 'telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd'

          > >fi

          > >return 1

          > >----rc.local-----

          > >#! /bin/sh

          > >/opt/etc/init.d/S56dnsmasq --addn-hosts=/etc/new_hosts

          > >return 1

          > >thanks much,

          > >bq

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          > --
          > Robert Hammond

          > PGP:0x154144DA

          Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          Visit your group "nslu2-linux" on the web.
        • kultcha
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
            Right! :-)

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Whitby" <list.nslu2-
            linux@...> wrote:

            > And you've updated the wiki with the correct information, right?
            >
            > -- Rod

            telnetd /etc/inetd.conf -

            > > >q) ) then
            >
            > > >echo 'telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd'

            > > >fi
            >
            > > >return 1
            >

            > > >----rc.local-----
            >
            > > >#! /bin/sh
            >
            > > >/opt/etc/init.d/S56dnsmasq --addn-hosts=/etc/new_hosts
            >
            > > >return 1
            >

            > > >thanks much,
            >
            > > >bq

            > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > --
            > > Robert Hammond
            >
            > > PGP:0x154144DA

            > Communication and
            networking Wireless
            communication and networking
            Linksys nslu2

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > Visit your group "nslu2-linux" on the web.
            Service.