unslung + shared printer

  • teosog
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi, i plugged my hp deskjet 840C on my unslung 5.5, and everything
      works fine, but i would like to secure access so only users with
      password can access the printer.

      i changed "security = share" to "security = user" in the global
      smb.conf configuration file so i can access the other resources with a
      username and a paasword.
      this is the part of the printer:

      [printers]
      comment = All Printers
      security = share
      path = /opt/var/spool/Samba
      read only = yes
      printable = yes
      use client driver = yes
      browseable = yes
      print command = lpr -P %p -o raw %s
      lpq command = lpstat -o %p
      lprm command = cancel %p -%j
      printer name = HP DeskJet 840C

      How can i make the shared printer secure so i have to specify user and
      password to print on it via samba?
      thanks for all