Re: Can't Get Bluetooth Network Access Point to work with iPAQ 1945.

  • Douglas Bush
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jochen Rüter <webseiten@j...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Douglas,

      > 1a) Routing
      > 1b) Bridging
      > This is the way i chose. When your PDA connects via BT to the
      slug, you
      > have to run a script which adds the bnep interface to a bridge
      >
      > 2) Use Dial-Up Profile
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Jochen

      Just to clarify, Routing or Bridging a Bluetooth NAP will not work
      with a Windows NAP access? Pocket PCs must use PPP-dial up?
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
        Douglas,

        By the community rules, since you asked the question it's your duty to add the information to the wiki. Please do so.

        -- Rod
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2006
            Douglas Bush wrote:

            > Just to clarify, Routing or Bridging a Bluetooth NAP will not work
            > with a Windows NAP access? Pocket PCs must use PPP-dial up?

            Nope. There are PocketPCs with different Bluetooth Stacks out there,
            some use MS' stack, some use Widcomm's (or now Broadcom) stack. Widcomm
            *CAN* use options 1, only the devices with MS bluetooth stack are
            limited to option 2.

            Jochen

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Gregg C Levine
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 7, 2006
              Hello from Gregg C Levine
              And that folks is my point. I don't know if anyone has seen my earlier
              message regarding building custom images suffice to say it is possible
              to use the tools and code from those characters to build a custom
              image. Uploading it to the PDA however may (what else?) violate its
              warranty. And if anyone wishes to discuss it further, please do so off
              list.
              ----
              Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
              ---
              "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi