Re: [nslu2-linux] Spinning down a maxtor one touch... which one?

  • Laurent Gilson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hello

      > You just want to have a hard disk which powers down if not in use?
      > You can just a Hitachi Deskstar harddisk.

      Can you give me a exact modelnumber and/or size and speed of your disc ?

      Can sb confirm this ? (keeping APM settings over reset...)

      It would save me a bit money.

      thx
    • Oliver Völker
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi!

        LG> Can you give me a exact modelnumber and/or size and speed of your disc ?

        e.g. Deskstar 7K250
        http://www.hgst.com/portal/site/en/menuitem.fdd9dbceef73222d92b86b31bac4f0a0/

        LG> Can sb confirm this ? (keeping APM settings over reset...)
        LG> It would save me a bit money.

        I've asked the Hitachi support and richdunlop confirmed this in an
        earlier posting from this morning

        Bye,
        Oliver
      • Laurent Gilson
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hello,

          > I've asked the Hitachi support and richdunlop confirmed this in an
          > earlier posting from this morning

          thx a lot, i'm off to buy one.

          cu