icecast\litestream ipkg for unslung?

  • pgbolen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2006
      Hello all!

      I've recently unslung a nslu2 and put TwonkyMedia on it. I'm truely
      amazed at how more useful this device becomes with the alternate
      firmwares people have produced. My sincere thanks to all who have
      made it what it can be today!

      Issue: At http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/WishList,
      under "Fulfilled Wishes" there's the following:

      -begin quote-
      Shoutcast:A shoutcast server so I can listen to MP3s away from home
      and share with pals.
      Shoutcast cannot be used on the slug, as it is binary only. I have
      added icecast to the feed, which should work equally -> well.

      For basic streaming, Litestream(approve sites) also compiles fine and
      is far smaller than icecast (make sure you use the 1.3RC3 release not
      the 1.2)
      -end quote-

      However, these packages dont' show up under ipkg list. Is a Icecast
      or Litestream ipkg available for installation?

      Many thanks,

      Rick Bolen