Re: OpenSlug and wxBase

  • teosog
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
      the gcc autokills, i'll try later today with that versions

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "ramiro_barreiro69"
      <ramiro_barreiro69@y...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "teosog" <teosog@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, i'm just trying to make aMule working on my slug.
      > > I got samba and ftp working on my slug, and i have some problems
      > > trying to install aMule.
      > > First of all, I'm not able to build wxBase, I'm able to finish the
      > > ./configure part, but i got and error while doing the make part (the
      > > make program autokills), and the same with GD.
      > > What am I doing wrong? Maybe it's the wxBase and GD version? Which
      > > versions are known to work OK on Openslug?
      > > Thank you and happy new year
      > >

      > Hi,
      > I've tried both wxBase 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. They built with no errors with
      > gcc 3.4.4. Th gd version I built was 2.0.33.
      > What is the error reported by 'make'?
      > By the way, amule 2.1.0 has been released, I'll begin testing with it.

    • thx1011
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
        I had the same problem, and the issue was that memory was short to
        compile. So make sure that you have swap space, at least 128MB.

        I have amule working right now on the slug with no problems at all.

        thx1011

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
          i've got 768 mb swap space, gcc 3.4.4 and wxbase 2.6.2, still getting
          the gcc autokill while doing the "make" command.
          any other ideas¿
          thanks!
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "thx1011" <thx1011@y...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I had the same problem, and the issue was that memory was short to
          > compile. So make sure that you have swap space, at least 128MB.
          >
          > I have amule working right now on the slug with no problems at all.
          >
          > thx1011
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "teosog" <teosog@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > the gcc autokills, i'll try later today with that versions
          > >

          > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "ramiro_barreiro69"
          > > <ramiro_barreiro69@y...> wrote:

          > > > Hi,
          > > > I've tried both wxBase 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. They built with no
          errors with
          > > > gcc 3.4.4. Th gd version I built was 2.0.33.
          > > > What is the error reported by 'make'?
          > > > By the way, amule 2.1.0 has been released, I'll begin testing
          with it.

        • teosog
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "thx1011" <thx1011@y...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            the exact error is:
            make: *** [basedll_cmdline.o] Error 1

            > I had the same problem, and the issue was that memory was short to
            > compile. So make sure that you have swap space, at least 128MB.
            >
            > I have amule working right now on the slug with no problems at all.
            >
            > thx1011
            >
            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "teosog" <teosog@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > the gcc autokills, i'll try later today with that versions
            > >

            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "ramiro_barreiro69"
            > > <ramiro_barreiro69@y...> wrote:

            > > > Hi,
            > > > I've tried both wxBase 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. They built with no
            errors with
            > > > gcc 3.4.4. Th gd version I built was 2.0.33.
            > > > What is the error reported by 'make'?
            > > > By the way, amule 2.1.0 has been released, I'll begin testing
            with it.

          • ramiro_barreiro69
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2006
              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "teosog" <teosog@y...> wrote:

              > the exact error is:
              > make: *** [basedll_cmdline.o] Error 1

              I can't guess what is happening. This is what configure says:
              Configured wxWidgets 2.6.2 for `armv5teb-unknown-linux-gnu'

              Which GUI toolkit should wxWidgets use? base only
              Should wxWidgets be compiled into single library? no
              Should wxWidgets be compiled in debug mode? no
              Should wxWidgets be linked as a shared library? yes
              Should wxWidgets be compiled in Unicode mode? no
              What level of wxWidgets compatibility should be enabled?
              wxWidgets 2.2 no
              wxWidgets 2.4 yes
              Which libraries should wxWidgets use?
              jpeg none
              png none
              regex sys
              tiff none
              zlib sys
              odbc no
              expat sys
              libmspack no
              sdl no
              gnomeprint none

              Don't know if that helps
            • Robert Demski
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 3, 2006
                What about cross-compiling in OE evirnoment?
                I have succes with compiling on OpenSlug too but I can't create ipk
                package in OE on PC and on slug. Error is in configure stage (but now I
                don't remember what it was error)