Php-Thttpd and file permissions

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      I need to find an easy method of setting the file and folder permissions
      for a large directory structure.

      Php-Thttpd is very sensitive to file permissions and my understanding
      from reading various web pages is :-

      Data files should be flagged 0644
      Folders (i.e. Directories) and CGI executables should be flagged 0755 or
      0711

      I can easily globally set file permissions to all files and folders in a
      large directory structure to 0644 using the command.

      chmod -R 0644 /opt/share/www/app/*

      Does any body know of a method to then set permissions for Folders to
      0755, perhaps by a small script section??

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA