Re: How to change NSLU2 admin password

  • andy891048
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31 8:34 AM
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "andy891048" <cycad@b...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I've unslung my NSLU2 (with UNSLUNG v5.5 beta) in order to run a
      music
      > server (Twonkyvision). However, somewhere along the way the NSLU2
      user
      > passwords have been changed and also the web admin password has
      been
      > changed from the default "admin". Thus I can't access the hdd on
      Disk1
      > through Windows any more. I can telnet into the NSLU2 as root but
      > can't figure out how to revert the admin password - the manual
      > suggested holding in the reset button for 10 secs but this did
      nothing.

      > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Andy

      In case any other beginner has the same problem , I finally managed
      to fix my admin password. I found that holding the reset button for
      10 sec only resets the password if there's no HDD attached. So, to
      solve this:

      I removed the HDD and rebooted
      Held in the reset button for 10 secs to reset admin password
      Logged on as root by telnet
      Plugged in the HDD
      Re-ran the /sbin/unsling script to copy everything over to the HDD
      Rebooted - everything now OK, apparently.

      Andy