Re: Unslung 6.x alpha test feedback

  • Adam Baker
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 30, 2005
      Rod Whitby <list.nslu2-linux@...> writes:

      > Great idea. If someone is willing to send a patch to the unsling
      > script, then we will include it in Unslung 6.x

      Here's a standalone script which you should be able to either call from the
      unsling script or append to it. The former option has the advantage users could
      be asked to re-run it.

      #!/bin/sh
      host=`ifconfig ixp0 | /bin/sed -n -e '/inet/ s/.*\addr:// p' | sed -e 's/
      Bcast.*//'`

      /bin/ping -c 1 ipkg.nslu2-linux.org >/dev/null
      if [ $? != "0" ] ; then
      echo "Cannot ping the website that contains the unslung ipkg packages"
      echo "This usually indicates that your DNS or Gateway settings are wrong at"
      echo "http://"$host"/Management/setup.cgi?next_file=lan.htm"
      echo
      echo "DNS is currently set to"
      /bin/grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf
      if [ $? != "0" ] ; then
      echo "NONE SET"
      fi
      echo "Gateway is currently set as"
      route | grep default
      echo
      echo "If these values look correct then check that the server is up"
      echo "by looking at http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/ in a web browser"
      fi