Re: [nslu2-linux] Unslung Logo announcement

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29 7:55 PM
      On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:50:12 +0100, "Marcel Nijenhof"
      <nslu2@...> said:
      > In this way all the alpha testers are experienced users with
      > some development skills as well. Wouldn't it be useful to
      > have some standard users (those who don't compile there own
      > images) as alpha tester as well.

      Isn't that what beta testing is for? ;-)

      But seriously, we do require people who are skilled in building to do
      the first lot of testing, primarily so that they can identify and fix
      any problems they find and send in a patch. We have few enough Unslung
      firmware developers as it is, and we do not want to overwhelm them with
      end-user installation problems that are not firmware bugs.

      > Ofcourse that would require a binary alpha 6.x image.

      In the past (once we have gotten past about 10 or so alpha testers
      building it themselves), we have quietly sent binary images to
      individuals identifying themselves on the IRC channel as willing alpha
      testers ...