LigHTTPd on OpenSlug?

  • Frederic Wenzel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
      Did anyone (try to) port LigHTTPd to OpenSlug already?

      I see that quite a few people use apache. However, I do not have enough
      space left on my USB stick to do that. Additionally, I think apache is
      kind of "overkill" for the small NSLU2 machine. LigHTTPd should be much
      easier to handle for it.

      Fred
    • John Bowler
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
        There seems to be quite a number of light weight HTTP servers
        available. Someone got cherokee running recently and 0.4.29
        is now in the unstable feeds for openslug and ucslugc. IIRC
        cherokee does fit onto a no-disk ucslugc system (i.e. just the
        flash memory, no USB stick or hard disk.)

        John Bowler <jbowler@...>
      • Frederic Wenzel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
          John Bowler schrieb:
          > There seems to be quite a number of light weight HTTP servers
          > available. Someone got cherokee running recently and 0.4.29
          > is now in the unstable feeds for openslug and ucslugc. IIRC
          > cherokee does fit onto a no-disk ucslugc system (i.e. just the
          > flash memory, no USB stick or hard disk.)

          Wow, this is *very lightweight*, then. Thank you for pointing me to
          this. After checking its specifications, I think Cherokee will do the
          job for me.

          Fred
        • jimmyfergus
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Frederic Wenzel <fred@o...> wrote:

            > Did anyone (try to) port LigHTTPd to OpenSlug already?

            I only built it on OpenDebianSlug (see bottom of
            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Profiles/JimmyFergus) - no real
            problem there, but not sure what it would be like on OpenSlug. I
            switched to Debian to get a broader range of packages, but lighttpd
            wasn't there and I had to compile it.

            J.