RE: [nslu2-linux] /tmp is missing

  • tony landen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2005
      thanks for your answer. in fact, today i discovered
      that
      i didn't need to manually run the populate script on
      boot.

      i'm not sure whether it will stay like this or whether
      its
      random each time i boot.

      not sure, but whoever knows about this should look
      into it
      for the next release.

      thanks,

      --- Steffen Lassahn <lassahn@...> wrote:

      > --- landentj <landentj@...> schrieb:
      >
      > > ive just installed slug 2.7 beta on a memory stick
      > (ie turnup
      > > memstick
      > > -i /dev/sda1 -t ext3). it boots and comes up ok,
      > but some crucial
      > > directories are missing including /tmp
      > >
      > > looking around, it appears that turnup has created
      > simlinks from /var
      > > into /media/ram. but the directory structure in
      > /media/ram is empty!
      > > how is this normally built on boot. i checked in
      > > /etc/default/volatiles but this seems to create
      > the var structure not
      > > the media/ram structure.
      >
      > I had/have the same problem. The directories should
      > be created by
      > /etc/init.d/populate-volatiles using
      > /etc/default/volatiles as config.
      > Since there are symlinks pointing to /media/ram this
      > should work. But
      > sometimes (not always) it does not. I am not sure
      > yet why but perhaps
      > the tmp file system is not mounted yet when the
      > directories are to be
      > created or something similar. I have no solution yet
      > apart from running
      > /etc/init.d/populate-volatile manually after reboot
      > when it didn't
      > work.
      >
      > MadEagle

      > Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:
      > http://messenger.yahoo.de

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com