Re: New file uploaded to nslu2-linux

  • drbix65
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 2, 2004
      Honestly, several reasons :).

      1) Low Overhead Server: I would think that it's a pretty low overhead
      type server. Not tons of processing.
      2) Educational: I've never cross-compiled anything :). Could also
      have just been morbid curiosity ;).
      3) Power: The NSLU2 is a very VERY low power device. If I were
      setting up something to host a small server with a core set of
      services, this device might suffice for hosting such a server. It
      already has a web server, a FTP server, a telnet server, why not IRC
      and other services that provide these types of services.

      Anyone up for porting MySQL ;)?

      Cheers!

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "itwerx3" <yahoo@i...> wrote:
      > Just out of curiousity, why would you want to host IRC sessions on
      an NSLU2?
      > Most of the other uses I see mentioned on here all have a common
      theme of file-storage
      > and/or monitoring capability and/or size considerations but I gotta
      tell ya IRC has me
      > scratching my head...?!?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > :)
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "drbix65" <dbixler@w...> wrote:
      > > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
      > > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
      > > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect,
      and
      > > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
      > > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
      > > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
      > >
      > > Cheers!
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > This email message is a notification to let you know that
      > > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
      > > > group.
      > > >
      > > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
      > > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
      > > > Description : Hybrid IRCD
      > > >
      > > > You can access this file at the URL:

      her%20files/hybrid-ircd

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
        group.

        File : /other files/cvs.tar.gz
        Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@...>
        Description : CVS and librt for the NSLU2.

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
          group.

          File : /NSLU2 FAQ.html
          Uploaded by : work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
          Description :

          work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
        • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
            group.

            File : /NSLU2 Linux FAQ
            Uploaded by : work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
            Description :

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
              group.

              File : /Hardware Info/Jtag_usb.txt
              Uploaded by : ka6sox <tking@...>
              Description : pinouts for jtag and other ports

              ka6sox <tking@...>
            • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 15, 2004
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                group.

                File : /FP5452V01-LF.pdf
                Uploaded by : stephane641 <stephane641@...>
                Description : Hawyang/P-Feeling FP5452 Power IC Data Sheet

                stephane641 <stephane641@...>
              • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 2, 2004
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                  group.

                  File : /nohup.gz
                  Uploaded by : rolandauckenthaler <rauckenthaler@...>
                  Description : nohup executable for NSLU2

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 8, 2005
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                    group.

                    File : /apache1.3.33_php4.3.10.tar.gz
                    Uploaded by : samms71 <samms71@...>
                    Description : Apache 1.3.33 HTTPD w/ PHP 4.3.10 (static)

                    samms71 <samms71@...>
                  • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                      group.

                      File : /Custom Executables/asterisk_sample_slug_config.tar.gz
                      Uploaded by : corneliu_doban <corneliu_doban@...>
                      Description : Asterisk sample config files for NSLU

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 14, 2006
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                        group.

                        File : /ggrab/ggrab.gz
                        Uploaded by : rrarr2003 <fw.unt@...>
                        Description : ggrab compiled with optware with for NSLU2

                        rrarr2003 <fw.unt@...>