Re: Openslug: Installing Man Pages Failed Due to Unsatisfied Groff Dependency

  • mrkzander
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jimmyfergus"
      <yahoogroups.wjcf@x...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Wood <beww@b...> wrote:
      > >
      > > OK Fine, just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing something
      stupid :-)

      > > Thanks for the info.
      > >
      > > On Nov 28, 2005, at 11:31 PM, John Bowler wrote:
      > >
      > > > From: beww307
      > > > for groff.
      > > >
      > > > Groff fails to build. It needs fixing.
      > > >
      > > > John Bowler <jbowler@a...>
      > > >

      > I switched to OpenDebianSlug for that reason - to get pretty much
      > anything and everything available. I think DebianSlug is the future
      > for those who want that sort of thing.

      The Slug is awesome regardless of what OS your running. There are
      less problems with OpenDebianSlug because more people are willing to
      step up and contribute if it says Debian.

      So on the Groff compile problem. I've never seen/used Bitbake before
      but here is what I found out after I installed the native build
      monotone(?) environment.

      I too get a 'configure' problem when building Groff with 'bb -b
      openembedded/packages/groff/groff_1.19.1.bb'

      So I took a look at the 'config.log' from './openslug/tmp/work/groff-
      1.19.1-r0/groff-1.19.1' (finally something I understand!)
      There are some problems namely with the 'output variables'
      for 'configure'. I'm not sure where it is pulling host_alias='INVALID-
      INVALID' from but it is the root of your problem.

      This causes CC, CPP, CXX and others to get set to the wrong values
      and the reason why the 'configure' is failing.

      You can either set these properly at the SHELL level before
      running 'bb' or as I stumbled across (correctly I hope) you can add
      it to the '*.bb' file.

      This groff_1.19.1.bb file compiled for me
      ######
      LICENSE = "GPL"
      SECTION = "base"
      DESCRIPTION = "GNU roff"
      RDEPENDS="libstdc++6"
      MAINTAINER = "Inge Arnesen <inge.arnesen@...>"
      SRC_URI = "http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/groff/groff-${PV}.tar.gz \
      file://groff.patch;patch=1"

      # prefix and exec-prefix are broken and the .in file is broken too
      # and can't be autoreconf'ed, so specify every dir

      CC=gcc
      CXX=g++
      CPP="gcc -E"
      RANLIB=ranlib

      EXTRA_OECONF="--prefix=${D} --exec-prefix=${D} --bindir=${D}/usr/bin -
      -datadir=${D}/usr/share --mandir=${D}/usr/man --
      infodir=${D}/usr/share/info"

      inherit autotools

      do_configure () {
      oe_runconf
      }

      #do_install() {
      # oe_runmake 'PREFIX=${D}' install
      #}
      ######

      zander
    • fransmeulenbroeks
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2005
        I just fixed groff and moved it to 1.19.2. It should be on the
        unstable feed in a day or so. It is also on the source head.

        FM
      • Glen Duncan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 15, 2006
          Hi all.

          This afternoon I upgraded from unslung to openslug. I have almost
          completed installing the packages I need to do a little development,
          but it appears that
          the ipkg server ipkg.nslu2-linux.org is suddenly unreachable. I ran a
          traceroute from both my laptop here in NY, and a machine I manage in
          L.A.. It appears
          that both times packets stopped at
          LAX1.RBack2.ether4-0.dslextreme.com (66.51.199.3). Are there any
          mirrors to this site?

          Also, what is involved in getting zander's patch rolled into an
          official groff package? Local man pages would be pretty nice.

          -Glen

        • Glen Duncan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 15, 2006
            Hi all.

            This afternoon I upgraded from unslung to openslug. I have almost
            completed installing the packages I need to do a little development,
            but it appears that
            the ipkg server ipkg.nslu2-linux.org is suddenly unreachable. I ran a
            traceroute from both my laptop here in NY, and a machine I manage in
            L.A.. It appears
            that both times packets stopped at
            LAX1.RBack2.ether4-0.dslextreme.com (66.51.199.3). Are there any
            mirrors to this site?

            Also, what is involved in getting zander's patch rolled into an
            official groff package? Local man pages would be pretty nice.

            -Glen

            PS: Sorry if this is a dup. The Spamcop intermittently bounces Yahoo
            emails on my server because the internet has become such a toilet.

          • Øyvind Repvik
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 16, 2006
              I've re-added groff to the feed with the updated .bb. It should show up
              within a couple of days.

              The ipkg.nslu2-linux.org problem seems to have passed.

              Regards,
              Øyvind Repvik
              OpenSlug Package Manager.