Re: Samba and large files

  • emm_is
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
      The current build of Samba in openslug 2.7 does not work with files
      larger than 4Gb -- I have had a look at the samba.bb file and clearly
      some work has gone into large file support but for a reason unknown to
      me when cross-compiling samba it does not build with LFS. When Samba
      is built natively on the NSLU2 it supports LFS out of the box.

      If you need LFS now then this is what you do:

      Install native compile environment
      Get Samaba source (3.0.20 is the openslug 2.7 version, I used 3.0.20b)
      tar zxf samba-X.tar.gz
      cd samba-X/source

      ./configure --prefix=/etc/samba --exec-prefix=/usr
      --with-swatdir=/usr/share/swat --with-configdir=/etc/samba
      --with-logfilebase=/var/log --with-libdir=/usr/lib
      --with-lockdir=/var/lock --with-piddir=/var/run
      --with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private

      make
      strip bin/smbd

      You can now replace the binary /usr/sbin/smbd with the binary
      ~/samba-X/source/bin/smbd, I copied the old one to smbd.old first.

      Now restart Samba
      sudo /etc/init.d/samba restart

      Hope this helps.
    • jamenforsatanda
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2005
        Would you be so kind to make the compiled binary available?

        TIA,

        Ole