re: openslug 2.7 : permission denied on /tmp

  • mrkzander
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hey all,
      I just installed openslug 2.7 and am having fun setting things up.
      I tried to put some things in /tmp as a regular user and got
      a 'permission denied' message.
      Looking at the permissions on /tmp I notice that something didn't
      look right.

      # ls -ld /var/tmp
      drwxrwxr-x 11 root root 4096 Dec 1 21:07 tmp

      Normally this should be set to '1777' as aposed to '775'. I changed
      the permissions and things work ok again.

      Is this something that was missed in openslug or did I do something
      to change it?

      zander
    • John Bowler
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        From: mrkzander
        ># ls -ld /var/tmp
        >drwxrwxr-x 11 root root 4096 Dec 1 21:07 tmp
        >
        > Normally this should be set to '1777' as aposed to '775'. I changed
        >the permissions and things work ok again.
        >
        > Is this something that was missed in openslug or did I do something
        >to change it?

        Look in /etc/volatiles/* - it should be listed as 1777. It's correct in
        the flash root image, maybe something in the turnup process is still wrong,
        it has been an issue before.

        John Bowler <jbowler@...>