Re: newbie post - ipkg hangs

  • brunobinet
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1 2:10 AM
      I have the same problem, and i don't know how to do to make it work.
      We may wait until that server is up...

      Bruno

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey K. Burns"
      <admiraljkb@e...> wrote:

      > One of the ipkg servers is offline:
      > ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42
      >
      > If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
      > otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
      > I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some better
      > diags.
      >
      > My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
      > address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
      > file didn't work. Not sure what else to do. On large packages with
      > many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.
      >
      > Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?
      >
      > cheers
      > Jeff
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
      > >
      > > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
      > > succesfully.
      > >
      > > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
      > > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
      > > hit ^C
      > >
      > > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
      > > here.
      > >
      > > Can anyone help?
      > >
      > > pber

    • CompBrain
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1 3:16 PM
        Hey There,
        Im resposible for the openhelp server:
        It seems that the hosting company is having network hardware issues, and I will poke them again to get it resolved ASAP.
        Thanks,
        ~Will

        <admiraljkb@e...> wrote:

        > One of the ipkg servers is offline:
        > ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42
        >
        > If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
        > otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
        > I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some better
        > diags.
        >
        > My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
        > address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
        > file didn't work.  Not sure what else to do.   On large packages with
        > many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.
        >
        > Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?
        >
        > cheers
        > Jeff
        >

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
        > >
        > > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
        > > succesfully.
        > >
        > > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
        > > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
        > > hit ^C
        > >
        > > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
        > > here.
        > >
        > > Can anyone help?
        > >
        > > pber

        Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS