Re: newbie post - ipkg hangs

  • brunobinet
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      I have the same problem, and i don't know how to do to make it work.
      We may wait until that server is up...

      Bruno

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey K. Burns"
      <admiraljkb@e...> wrote:

      > One of the ipkg servers is offline:
      > ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42
      >
      > If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
      > otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
      > I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some better
      > diags.
      >
      > My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
      > address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
      > file didn't work. Not sure what else to do. On large packages with
      > many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.
      >
      > Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?
      >
      > cheers
      > Jeff
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
      > >
      > > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
      > > succesfully.
      > >
      > > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
      > > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
      > > hit ^C
      > >
      > > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
      > > here.
      > >
      > > Can anyone help?
      > >
      > > pber

    • mrkzander
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
        I've been having the same problem as of yesterday but with openslug's
        ipkg failing on transfering files.
        I think there must be something wrong with the feed, or it could just
        be overloaded.

        zander.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:

        > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
        >
        > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
        > succesfully.
        >
        > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
        > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
        > hit ^C
        >
        > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
        > here.
        >
        > Can anyone help?
        >
        > pber

      • mrkzander
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
          Changing the server name in the 'cross-feed.conf' and 'native-
          feed.conf' files from '/etc/ipkg' worked for me.
          Do a 'ipkg update' then edit the files and then change the server
          name to a feed server that is up (ie. ipkg-us-dyoung.nslu2-linux.org)

          zander.

          <admiraljkb@e...> wrote:

          > One of the ipkg servers is offline:
          > ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42
          >
          > If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
          > otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
          > I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some
          better
          > diags.
          >
          > My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
          > address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
          > file didn't work. Not sure what else to do. On large packages
          with
          > many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.
          >
          > Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?
          >
          > cheers
          > Jeff
          >

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
          > >
          > > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
          > > succesfully.
          > >
          > > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then
          it
          > > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless
          > > hit ^C
          > >
          > > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's
          going on
          > > here.
          > >
          > > Can anyone help?
          > >
          > > pber

        • CompBrain
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
            Hey There,
            Im resposible for the openhelp server:
            It seems that the hosting company is having network hardware issues, and I will poke them again to get it resolved ASAP.
            Thanks,
            ~Will

            <admiraljkb@e...> wrote:

            > One of the ipkg servers is offline:
            > ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42
            >
            > If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
            > otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
            > I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some better
            > diags.
            >
            > My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
            > address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
            > file didn't work.  Not sure what else to do.   On large packages with
            > many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.
            >
            > Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?
            >
            > cheers
            > Jeff
            >

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
            > >
            > > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
            > > succesfully.
            > >
            > > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
            > > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
            > > hit ^C
            > >
            > > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
            > > here.
            > >
            > > Can anyone help?
            > >
            > > pber

            Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS