re: problem with openslug feed

  • mrkzander
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hey all,
      I have just upgraded my slug from unslung 5.5 to openslug 2.7.
      When trying to install a few packages with ipkg, I keep
      getting 'connection timed out' Here is the exact error.

      ######
      root@NSLU2:/usr/local/pkg# ipkg install openslug-native
      Installing openslug-native (1.0-r11) to root...
      Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-
      beta/openslug-native_1.0-r11_armeb.ipk
      wget: Unable to connect to remote host (72.21.37.42): Connection
      timed out
      Nothing to be done
      An error ocurred, return value: 22.
      Collected errors:
      ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --
      passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-mmz0RU http://ipkg.nslu2-
      linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/openslug-native_1.0-
      r11_armeb.ipk'
      Failed to download openslug-native. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg
      update'?
      ######

      I didn't have any problems using ipkg with unslung. Strangely
      enough using a straight 'wget http://ipkg.nslu2-
      linux.org/feeds/openslug/cross/2.7-beta/openslug-native_1.0-
      r11_armeb.ipk' works, most of the time.

      Are there problems with the current feed? Are there any other feeds
      available?

      Thanks.
      zander.