Re: help unbricking NSLU

  • bloedmann999
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      got the chance to try this last night, <G>, although I wasn't grinning
      then........

      You have to make sure you hit the cntrl-C at the correct time as the
      telnet session is established. That worked OK. Using the reset button
      on the Slug worked at the third attempt, the first two I kept the
      reset button pressed too long, and the light stopped blinking
      reg/green after a while. When I did it correctly, it stayed blinking
      red/green and serconn could then find the slug. Phew!

      FWIW:
      Not sure why, but when pinging for the Slug as it booted, looking for
      those two seconds...... I never got an answer when i pinged with a
      name, even though the name resolved correctly to the address (using a
      local hosts file on WinXP). When I used the ip address 192.168.0.1
      then I could see the pings being answered for that short time period.

      Cheers Brian

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Kecskemeti"