openDebianSlug on NFS

  • Jochen RĂ¼ter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005

      I read through all the last posts about this topic, but none helps with
      my problem.

      I set up a opendebian root-fs on my nfsserver under /opendebianroot, set
      up things as described in the wiki (well, I still think I did...) and
      exported the folder.

      Then I booted the slug which should run opendebianslug via nfs from
      flash and did a 'turnup nfs 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:/opendebianroot'
      This seemed to work, the syslog of my nfsserver shows 2 entries:

      Dec 1 00:31:29 (none) user.notice mountd: authenticated mount request
      from schlaubi:835 for /opendebianroot (/opendebianroot)

      and my /linuxrc on the slugs read like that:

      #!/bin/sh

      exec '/boot/nfs' '192.168.0.30:/opendebianroot' '-t' 'nfs' '-o'
      'nolock,noatime,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024'
      exec /boot/flash

      So I expect everything should be fine, but no booting from NFS possible,
      it always falls back to flash booting. There seems to be nearly no
      network activity on boot, the syslog of the server doesn't show
      connection attemps. There is also no .recovery on the share, but how
      should it be, if it never gets mounted...

      So I'm out of ideas, any help much appreciated!

      --Jochen