Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: wlan-ng on OpenSlug ?

  • Mathieu Monney
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2005
      I'm note sure if my usb wirelessa dapter work on an linux box but it is recognized and the prism2_usb module is loaded for it so I think it works!
      I have a compile error when I'm trying to compile "wlan-ng-modules" package.. It says an error about a function called with too few arguments (netlink_kernel_create) in the file p80211/p80211req.c on line 355... I have checked and the function is called with 2 arguments and the netlink_kernel_create function is defined with two arguments too so it should be no error ! I think it is a problem with netlink related stuff in kernel... Is netlink enabled by default in kernel or not ? Do you have successfully compiled wlan-ng-modules on your slug ? (wlan-ng-utils compile fine for me...)

      Mathieu

      fransmeulenbroeks a écrit :
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Mathieu Monney <zittix@x...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody !
      > I would like to set up an usb prism2 wireless card on my OpenSlug but I
      > have tried to compile the wlan-ng driver from openembedded but I get a
      > "compile" error... I had to add the package wlan-ng to
      > openslug-packages.conf because it wasn't in it.. Is it the problem ?

      Mathieu,

      no real need to add to openslug-packages. If there is a bb file you
      can run it directly through
      bitbake -b <bb-file>

      This should not cause your compile error though.

      There are several things that go wrong:
      is your card supported by the driver?
      does it work on a normal linux system?

      I've also had on one location a situation where I had a reference to a
      field the was not present in the datastructure. As this was only in a
      debug message I commented out the offending statement.

      B.t.w. I am very interested in your results. I think I have a prism
      based dongle floating around somewhere, but at that point didnt get it
      running.

      Frans