no connection over browser

  • dasa986
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
      hello,
      i have unslung 4.x on my device. although i can ping the device under
      winxp and suse 10.0 successfully, i am not able to connect over the
      browser using its ip. i tried to find a solution in the internet, but
      failed. can somebody help? thanks dasa986
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
        On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 17:42 +0000, dasa986 wrote:
        > hello,
        > i have unslung 4.x on my device. although i can ping the device under
        > winxp and suse 10.0 successfully, i am not able to connect over the
        > browser using its ip. i tried to find a solution in the internet, but
        > failed. can somebody help?

        1) It could be a browser probelm.
        Have you tried to use telnet under suse?
        $ telnet <ip> 80
        Trying <ip>...
        Connected to <ip name> (<ip>).

        2) Are there any firewalls between those to systems?

        3) Have you installed "ssh" on your slug.
        Log in and check if the webserver is running.

        Marceln
      • dasa986
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
          i did a mistake. i am not able to ping under suse at all. but under
          winxp the ping is working. telnet is not working under suse ("No route
          to host"). i don't use any firewall, anti-virus programm etc. under
          winxp, because i only use suse 10.0 to surf in the internet. i didn't
          install ssh on my device. i purchased the item in the usa during my
          exchange year, where i was able to install the unslung firmware and to
          connect to the device using the web interface. but now after getting
          the orignal german power adapter, i am not able to access the web
          interface.

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@p...> wrote:

          > On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 17:42 +0000, dasa986 wrote:
          > > hello,
          > > i have unslung 4.x on my device. although i can ping the device under
          > > winxp and suse 10.0 successfully, i am not able to connect over the
          > > browser using its ip. i tried to find a solution in the internet, but
          > > failed. can somebody help?
          >
          > 1) It could be a browser probelm.
          > Have you tried to use telnet under suse?
          > $ telnet <ip> 80
          > Trying <ip>...
          > Connected to <ip name> (<ip>).
          >
          > 2) Are there any firewalls between those to systems?
          >
          > 3) Have you installed "ssh" on your slug.
          > Log in and check if the webserver is running.
          >
          > Marceln

        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
            On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:52 +0000, dasa986 wrote:
            > i did a mistake. i am not able to ping under suse at all. but under
            > winxp the ping is working.

            1) Do you ping with an ip number our a name?
            winxp will use the netbios name to resolve the slug on
            a ping!

            2) You could have activated the firewall (iptables) under
            suse.

            3) Are the ip numbers under suse and winxp comparable?

            Marceln