Second recipient of your donations

  • rwhitby
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      I'm proud to announce that the second recipient of a serial-enhanced
      NSLU2 is Chris Larson, an embedded linux kernel developer.

      Chris maintain OpenZaurus (a Linux distribution for the Sharp Zaurus
      line of PDAs), and OpenEmbedded. OE is a set of build tools, based
      on gentoo's package manager, for doing all sorts of things. The most
      common purpose for the tools is in constructing Linux distributions
      for embedded systems. It is architecture, distribution, and
      operating system agnostic. It supports cross-compilation and
      emission of a number of binary package formats.

      Chris intends to incorporate support for the NSLU2 into OpenEmbedded,
      as well as doing kernel and bootloader development for the NSLU2.

      Congratulations Chris!

      -- Rod
    • Aristotle Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        Thats awesome news.. I've used oz for awhile now... and it rocks... If
        Chris' efforts here are anywhere near the quality of oz, the nslu2 is
        really gonna rock

        --
        -
        Aristotle B. Allen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
          Right on! Good luck chris!

          On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:23:20 -0400, Aristotle Allen
          <aristotle.allen@...> wrote:

          > Thats awesome news.. I've used oz for awhile now... and it rocks... If
          > Chris' efforts here are anywhere near the quality of oz, the nslu2 is
          > really gonna rock
          >

          > On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 04:13:42 -0000, rwhitby <list.yahoo@...> wrote:
          > > I'm proud to announce that the second recipient of a serial-enhanced
          > > NSLU2 is Chris Larson, an embedded linux kernel developer.
          > >
          > > Chris maintain OpenZaurus (a Linux distribution for the Sharp Zaurus
          > > line of PDAs), and OpenEmbedded. OE is a set of build tools, based
          > > on gentoo's package manager, for doing all sorts of things. The most
          > > common purpose for the tools is in constructing Linux distributions
          > > for embedded systems. It is architecture, distribution, and
          > > operating system agnostic. It supports cross-compilation and
          > > emission of a number of binary package formats.
          > >
          > > Chris intends to incorporate support for the NSLU2 into OpenEmbedded,
          > > as well as doing kernel and bootloader development for the NSLU2.
          > >
          > > Congratulations Chris!
          > >
          > > -- Rod
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --