Re: [nslu2-linux] permantly crontab change on Linksys EFG250

  • Brian Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005

      Well cron is not the best way to start something at boot.

      You should create a start script in /etc/init.d and make links to it in the rc(n).d directories where (n) is/are the runlevels that you want the server to run in.

      For completeness sake your script should be able to stop the server as well, and set it up to do so when entering the shutdown runlevel.

      This is not unique to these devices, see any regular Linux docs for more info on this.

      On Nov 27, 2005, at 3:17 AM, bassmanjr52 wrote:

      I have installed Twonkyvision on a EFG250 (similar linksys nas as the
      nslu2). My only problem is to get the mediaserver started permantly
      after each boot. Can anyone direct me how to make crontab changes
      permantly ?

      I've seen that the RAM's configuration is also written to
      etc/CGI_ds.conf. This is used to construct /etc/crontab

      Unslung is not a not an option for this system. It simply does not
      exist ...
      The EFG250 does not work with usb disks, but simply with IDE.

      Thx

      Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS