LCA 2006 Embedded Miniconf - Time is running out!
- LCA 2006 Embedded Miniconf - Time is running out!
Firstly I apologise to people who receive this email multiple times.
It is now less then 2 months till the Embedded Miniconf at LCA 2006 and
the deadline for the call for participation is rapidly approaching.
The deadline for submission is the 4th of December 2005 and any
submissions **must** be in before this date.
It should also be noted that selection of papers have already
**started**! This means that the earlier you submit your proposal the
better chance you have of presenting.
I have also included the lasted Call for Participation details, which
can always be found at the miniconf website
We hope to see both new and old faces and welcome everyone to come along
and make this Miniconf great!
Tim Ansell aka Mithro
Embedded Miniconf Organiser
This is a call for participation in the second Embedded Miniconf which
will be part of the LCA 2006 conference in Dunedin, New Zealand. The
Miniconf will be run over two days on the 23rd and 24th January 2006
preceding the LCA 2006 main conference.
All presentations, case studies and tutorials should be related to one
(or more) following themes,
* Using Linux on embedded devices (including both handheld or other
similar consumer devices and more traditional devices)
* Development targeting embedded hardware using Linux
* Development of embedded hardware using Linux
Any topic which fits the themes mentioned above is allowed. Some of the
suggested areas of interest for presentations are:
* Using or developing Open Embedded
* Using or developing for devices using Open Embedded, buildroot or
commercial Linux distributions
* Developing software with a PDA GUIs such as (but not limited too) GPE
* Development of, or using uclibc and ucLinux
* Development of, or using gcc or other compilers for ARM, MIPS or PPC
* Changes in the Linux kernel to fit embedded constraints
* Satisfying real time requirements (both hard and soft) using Linux
* Using Linux tools (such as GDA or pictools) to develop hardware
* New embedded products being developed using Linux (or running) Linux
* Other open source operating systems on embedded hardware
Presentations which are very strongly encouraged are listed below. If
you believe you are in a position to give such presentations please send
a proposal as detailed below as soon as possible.
* A tutorial which demonstrates setting up Open Embedded from scratch
* A tutorial in adding new packages or distribution to Open Embedded
To submit your proposal please follow the following instructions. For
the most up-to-date version of the submission instructions can be found
at the Miniconf website (http://oe.handhelds.org/miniconf/ or
Please email the miniconf-proposal@... with the following
* The name of your presentation
* How long your presentation is, 25 minutes, 50 minutes or "open ended"
* If your presentation is a tutorial or talk
* A short summary of the material that will be in presentation
* Your name and contact details
* Why you are qualified to give this presentation
Your proposal must be sent before the 4 December 2005 in order to be
considered for inclusion in the conference.
Please note that the Embedded Miniconf forms part of the LCA 2006 main
conference held by Linux Australia. This means that you must register
for LCA 2006 attendance to speak at the conference.
** Miniconf speakers are considered _normal_ attendees and have to pay
the normal fees **.
For further details regarding registration and accommodation for LCA
2006, please visit the LCA 2006 web site (www.linux.conf.au).
Speakers will be notified, at the latest, by 1 January. A confirmation
email of receiving your proposal should be received no more then 3 days
after you submit it. Most speakers will be notified soon after (or even
before) the 4th of December.