9033Re: [nslu2-linux] passwd and smb.conf file copies at startup??

  • Kai Steinbach
    Oct 1, 2005
      Hello Fraser,

      On 30/09/05, fraser_winters wrote:
      [snip]
      > I had my smb.conf file all up and running and rebooted only to find
      > that some of my changes were overwritten as something
      > copied on a different version of smb.conf.

      I wonder what search term you were searching the wiki with? Well, try
      smb.conf. You will find a few pages around modifying it. While maybe
      it is unknown how/what exactly reverses your changes (Linksys
      software), it is explained in detail how to use a diversion script to
      make persistant changes to smb.conf.

      In case you would like a linux that is free from the Linksys stuff
      that we don't have control over then consider OpenSlug.

      Good luck. Kai
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic