8333Re: Samba as a PDC

  • chandersawh
    Sep 4, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mijn_nslu2" <ron@m...> wrote:
      > > I am looking for a 'how-to' on using the SLUG with Samba as a PDC
      > > (Primary Domain Controller) to use with my 2 WinXP boxes.
      >
      > Not Slug specific of course, but besides the official Samba
      > documentation some howto info can be found...
      > ...here: http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/linux-hn/samba.htm
      > ...or here: http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6684&page=1
      >
      > > How's the performace?
      >
      > On my Slug, data is copied at about 3.6MB/s between Samba/Slug and
      > WinXP. Other posts I've seen here reported mostly between 3 and 4 MB/s.
      >
      > Grtz,
      > Ron

      OK. I followed the guide above. I get this error:

      Failed to initialise SAM_ACCOUNT for user oracle$. Does this user
      exist in the UNIX password database ?
      Failed to modify password entry for user oracle$

      This user does exists in the /etc/passwd file and also in the
      smbpasswd file.

      I tried google but couldn't find any help.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic