8076VoIP / asterisk with USB ISDN TA on NSLU2/Debian

  • Ralf Ackermann
    Aug 23, 2005
      Hello,

      with regard to the description of testing asterisk + USB ISDN TA on
      OpenSlug:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/Asterisk
      and
      NSLU2 running Debian
      http://peter.korsgaard.com/articles/debian-nslu2.php

      I've tested the same thing (asterisk as VoIP/PSTN gateway) on an NSLU2
      running Debian (which uses the CPU in little endian mode).

      Results so far:
      - driver (mISND) compiles and loads well
      - capiinfo gives correct information
      - asterisk is usable with chan_capi

      Open problems:
      - call setup (SIP-ISDN and vice versa) works well
      - application terminates after approx. 5 seconds
      of media data transport

      Other developers also working in that direction should / could probably
      also contact me directly => we could bundle / coordinate our efforts.

      best regards
      Ralf

      Dr. Ralf Ackermann _ rac@...-darmstadt.de
      Multimedia Communications |/ | | |\/| Merckstrasse 25
      |\ |_| | | 64283 Darmstadt, Germany
      Tel.: (+49) 6151 16-6138 Fax: (+49) 6151 16-6152
      http://www.kom.tu-darmstadt.de/~rac