      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jason_zhengx"
      <kflynn1103@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Folks,
      > > >
      > > > I have a general problem with ctorrent - when executing
      ctorrent I
      > > get
      > > > the following error message:
      > > >
      > > > ctorrent: error while loading shared libraries:
      libssl.so.0.9.7:
      > > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      > > >
      > > > Can anyone help me on this one?
      > > >

      > > > kflynn
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I have the same problem as kflynn.
      > >
      > > I'm planning to use my NSLU2 for bittorrent. First installed the
      > > ctorrent package (version 1.3.4) succesfully. After opening the
      > > desired ports it works OK, but i'm not impressed by the
      > > downloadspeed compared to Azureus on my PC. In this group if
      found
      > > some posts about Ctorrent and a tweaked(?) version for the
      NSLU2.
      > > Downloaded that version from the Files section. Problem is that
      when
      > > i run that version i also get the error mentioned above.
      > >
      > > I found a possible solution in this message:
      > > symlinks to libssl.so.0.9.7 are correct (like in Joao's post).
      Also
      > > tried with a copy of libssl.so.0.9.7 in the working directory,
      but
      > > the error message is still there. What could cause this problem?
      I'm
      > > a linux newbie...
      > >
      > > Or is there a better bittorrent solution for the NSLU2 (libbt?)
      > >
      > > Gert.
      >
      > What directory is libssl located? Is that directory listed in
      > /etc/ld.so.conf? If not, try putting it in ld.so.conf, and run
      > /sbin/ldconfig, which regenerates the ld.so.cache. Also make sure
      the
      > version numbers are exactly the same. If not, you can try creating
      > symlink for the file that is required by pointing it to the one
      that
      > you have.
      > One alternative is the original bittorrent, which is written in
      > python. Both are in ipkg, I believe. However, the python version
      uses
      > some more memory.

      Thanks jason_zhengx.

      Your remark about ld.so.conf set me on the right track. First i
      couldn't find the files ld.so.conf and ldconfig. When looking at the
      packages for unslung i saw the package ldconfig, so i installed that
      package. After that those files were present and ctorrent works.

      Looks like ctorrent from the ipkg list doesn´t need ldconfig, but
      the extended ctorrent from the files section in this group does!

      Very nice to have some extra info and have the possibility to
      control the upload speed (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-
      linux/message/4303)

      Gert
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic