7186Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: TurboSlugs: Adventures in overclocking

  • Steinar Midtskogen
    Jun 30, 2005
      [Øyvind Repvik]

      > Mathieu Monney wrote:
      > > Ok thank you for the fast answer and do you know until which temperature
      > > the slug can operate ?
      > >
      > > Øyvind Repvik a écrit :

      > According to some spec sheet (Don't take this for gospel), the IXP42x
      > can operate at 113 degrees Celcius (!) within the case.
      >
      > I think we have a slight margin ;-)

      What about power needs?

      Has anyone who has overclocked his slug measured any change in power
      consumption? I've done some measurements, not overclocked and not
      very accurately, and it seems to use 7W (including the power supply
      itself). The supply will deliver only 10W (5V * 2A), so if
      overclocking increases power consumptions significally, we're quickly
      close to what the power supply will manage.

      --
      Steinar ; NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI ; http://latinitas.org ; http://voksenlia.net
    • Show all 46 messages in this topic