7169Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: TurboSlugs: Adventures in overclocking

  • Dale VanZile
    Jun 30, 2005
      Rod Whitby wrote:

      >My theory is that Linksys deliberately underclocked it so the product
      >sales would benefit from mid-life publicity about doubling the speed,
      >and we are all just pawns in an enlightened marketing plan :-)

      Rod--
      Funny, that was my *first* thought.... How hot could it possibly get
      with a maximum of only 10W (5V @ 2A) of power input from the power
      supply?! Heck, the output tubes in the smaller of the guitar amps I
      built are dissipating that much, and I can pull 'em out without an oven
      mitt.... :^)

      C ya,
      Dutch

      >-- Rod