5963Installing MySql

  • Robert Hammond
    May 2 11:41 AM
      I seem to be having some problems installing the MySql package onto an
      unslung 3.18 beta.

      Installation seems to complete and I can set the first password instance
      as suggested at the end of the installation script using
      /opt/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'

      unfortunately the second scrip fails
      /opt/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h NSLU2-1 password 'new-password'

      I am getting the following error message
      /opt/bin/mysqladmin:Connect to server at 'NSLU2-1' failed
      error:'Lost connection to MySQL Server during query

      The ps command shows four running instances for mysql as follows so the
      server does seem to be up and running.

      2157 ttyp0 root 1940 S /bin/sh /opt/bin/mysqld_safe
      --datadir=/opt
      2227 ttyp0 root 7580 S /share/hdd/conf/opt/libexec/mysqld
      --basedi
      2228 ttyp0 root 7580 S /share/hdd/conf/opt/libexec/mysqld
      --basedi
      2229 ttyp0 root 7580 S /share/hdd/conf/opt/libexec/mysqld
      --basedi

      Also '/opt/bin/mysqladmin version' which should just return the
      version number indicating that the server is up and running as suggested
      in the pdf manual fails with the following error:-
      /opt/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
      error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA