5961Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: apache worker MPM

  • Josh Parsons
    May 2, 2005
      > the only changes concerning the mpm in httpd.conf was
      > done in release 53-8 under # worker MPM
      >
      > [root@naslug apache2]$ diff httpd.conf_org_2.0.53-7
      > httpd.conf_org_2.0.53-8
      > 134,137c134,137
      > < StartServers 2
      > < MaxClients 150
      > < MinSpareThreads 25
      > < MaxSpareThreads 75
      > ---
      > > StartServers 1
      > > MaxClients 25
      > > MinSpareThreads 2
      > > MaxSpareThreads 5

      Yes, those are the changes to httpd.conf I was referring to. Their
      effect is to limit the number of processes and threads that apache will
      start.

      > Parameters are working well for me. Output of top is a
      > little bit confusing with 25 processes consuming each
      > 50% of (shared) memory.

      Good!

      This is actually 1 process with 25 threads. In linux, threads appear as
      extra processes. So you have 1 apache process using 50% of memory. If
      you want to reduce the memory usage, you could disable some apache
      and/or php modules.

      --
      Josh Parsons
      Philosophy Department