5941Re: SquirrelMail & cyrus-imapd; Anyone with success?

  • pTweety
    May 1 9:15 AM
      audiobetterwork wrote:

      > # ls -la /opt/etc/sasl2
      > -rw-r----- 1 root root 12288 Apr 30 17:12 /opt/etc/sasl2

      > There's problem number one I suppose.... your's says mail root... mine
      > says "root root".

      Well, then you should:
      # chown mail.root /opt/etc/sasl2

      Do NOT:
      # chmod 0644 /opt/etc/sasl2

      Since clear passwords are written to the files that would be a
      security issue. I'll go and have a look whether that is a bug in one
      of the cyrus-* packages.

      > # cat /opt/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
      > cat: /opt/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf: No such file or directory

      > Problem number two... I don't appear to have that file

      Ok, this files comes with postfix. So it should not be a problem with
      your current setup. (suppose you have no postfix installed)

      > # cat /opt/etc/imapd.conf

      > The output of the last command seems OK to me...

      Yes, this seems to be correct.

      --
      MFG Matthias

      Klein bottle for rent...