5881Re: Constantly getting "Path too deep" error when putting files on shares

  • AETJansen
    Apr 27, 2005
      Sure! I assume you mean the FAQ page on the nslu2-linux.org website
      using the wiki right? There does not seem to be one here (anymore?)...

      Arno

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
      wrote:
      > Arno,
      >
      > Can you please add this to the FAQ? 10Mb hubs and slugs just don't
      mix well.

      > -- Rod
      >
      > On 4/27/05, AETJansen <aetjansen@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Solved! It turns out, this is not a problem of the nslu's new
      > > firmware, actually not any firmware related, more hardware
      related.

      > > For testing I had switched the nslu to a separate network, but its
      > > speed was 10mbs instead of my normal 100mbs network.
      > >
      > > The nic drops too many packets then. It is consistent, I cannot
      copy
      > > large files when on the 10mbps network...
      > >
      > > I thought I might post this here as others may run into this as
      well..

      > > Arno
      > >

      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "AETJansen" <aetjansen@h...>
      wrote:

      > > > Hi All,
      > > >
      > > > Recently I have unslung my nslu with the 3.18 beta version. It
      (seems
      > > > to) works beautifully! I can still use the webinterface and
      telnetting
      > > > is working properly. Also, I was able to install dropbear and
      use ssh.

      > > > But, for some reason, I cannot add any files onto the shared
      disc. I
      > > > did run /sbin/unsling on the hdd I am using.
      > > >
      > > > I have mapped a drive in windows XP (no sp2 installed) and when
      > > > create a new file on the share (right-click on the share in the
      file
      > > > explorer and choose new->text document). Then, I can open the
      file and
      > > > type some text and safe it again.
      > > >
      > > > However, all files I try to copy (ctrl+c for copy and use ctrl-
      v for
      > > > pasting), are not copied properly. A file is created on the
      share,
      > > > exactly 0 bytes in size, but with the correct filename. Also
      after a
      > > > couple minutes trying, I get a popup with an error saying "path
      too
      > > deep".
      > > >
      > > > What have I done wrong? I do not know if this would have
      happened on
      > > > the normal firmware as well if I was to revert to the original
      > > > firmware. But it did work when I used the stock firmware
      sometime ago,
      > > > when I got the device...
      > > >
      > > > Anyone can help me with this one?
      > > >
      > > > Best,
      > > > Arno
      > >

      > > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the
      Wiki at
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]

      Service.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic