3962Re: [nslu2-linux] appWeb and listening ports

  • waikeong.moo
    Jan 31, 2005
      Hi,
      I had the same problem as you before and get fixed it after follow the wiki page.
      Try to edit the  /opt/etc/init.d/S81appweb  with following text.

      #!/bin/sh

      if [ -n "`pidof appWeb`" ]; then
          /bin/killall appWeb 2>/dev/null

      fi

      rm /dev/random
      ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/random

      /opt/sbin/appWeb -f etc/appWeb.conf &

      Katherine <kate@...> wrote:

      Good morning, I loaded Unslung 3.17 on my NSLU2 this weekend and
      have installed the appWeb package. It seems to be running,

      (667 ttyp0   root       3704   S   /opt/sbin/appWeb -f
      etc/appWeb.conf)

      however I can not open the default web page on port 7777. I also
      tried to telnet to port 7777, but the slug just doesn't seem to be
      listening.

      In appWeb.conf I changed the server name to the ip address of the
      slug (I didn't want to mess around with changing my hosts file & I
      don't have internal DNS.).

      The appWeb logs look good (to my untrained eye).

      Is there anything else I need to do to get the slug to listen?

      Thanks for your help!
      Kate

      [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]

      Yahoo! Mobile
      - Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic