25127Re: Optware failed to install asterisk18 on ASUS RT-N16

  • A
    Jan 21, 2013
      Thank you for the suggestions. When I checked what had been loaded on the router, I was surprised to see asterisk14 was indeed in the list. It must be automatically loaded as a default package for asterisk when I installed Optware. Once removed it, I was able to install asterisk18 without any problems. Thanks for the help.

      Regards,
      Abe

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas wrote:

      > Post what is installed:
      > ipkg list_installed
      >
      > And try to install again and post the output:
      > ipkg update
      > ipkg upgrade
      > ipkg install asterisk18
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ovidiu Sas
      >
      > On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM, A wrote:
      > >
      > > The error occurred during the installation of Asterisk18 on the router
      > > that were no other Asterisk packages installed.
      > >
      > > Abe
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This is not a bug. There are several asterisk packages:
      > > > - asterisk12 - asterisk 1.2.x
      > > > - asterisk14 - asterisk 1.4.x
      > > > - asterisk16 - asterisk 1.6.x
      > > > - asterisk18 - asterisk 1.8.x
      > > > - asterisk10 - asterisk 10.x
      > > >
      > > > Pick the one that you are familiar with it and install it. Do not
      > > > install two of them at the same time.
      > > > We should remove asterisk12, asterisk14 and asterisk16 as those are no
      > > > longer supported.
      > > >
      > > > Regards,
      > > > Ovidiu Sas

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic