25099Re: [nslu2-linux] transmission on cs08q1armel

  • Carlos Garces
    Nov 3, 2012
      Hi!

      Try the oficial repository of openwrt
      http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1/ixp4xx_generic/packages/

      On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Michael <hollaburoo@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      So I tried to send this to the maintainer of the transmission package, oleo@..., but it looks like his email is no longer valid.

      I've been trying to install transmission on a Buffalo Linkstation LS-WVL, the CPU is an armv5tel.

      The latest verion of transmission in the ipkg repository http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/stable/Packages is version 2.61-1, but when I installed and tried to run it it failed while trying to load libssl-0.9.7.
      The openssl package downloaded and installed was of version 0.9.8

      Looking it up, transmission needs at least openssl of version 0.9.8 or higher.
      I also tried compiling it on my own, downloading the optware toolchain making the cpu-target and ipkg toolchain, and doing a make transmission-ipkg, but I ran into the same issue.
      Is there a problem with the package, or am I doing something wrong?
      Any pointers for how to debug and fix issues like these in the future when cross compiling other software using optware?

      Thanks,
      Michael

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic