25088Re: [nslu2-linux] Pogoplug Series 4

  • Christian
    Oct 26, 2012
      I have ordered 2 pcs Raspberry PI two monthes ago and make test on it
      with all available linux distributions, this device is 100% incredibly slow
      and is just money lost.

      Le 26/10/2012 06:28, Mike Westerhof (mwester) a écrit :

      Take a close look at the Raspberry Pi. It's a bare board for a
      dirt-cheap price -- much faster and more memory than the NSLU2, with
      video out.

      You may (or may not) want to add a case. I power mine from a iPod charger.

      -Mike (mwester)

      On 10/25/2012 10:11 PM, harshbaste wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I've had an NSLU2 for a good 4 years now and was just taking a peek at the other offerings of similar devices.
      >
      > One of the kits I was looking at is the Pogoplug Series 4. Does anyone on this channel have any extended experience with it. In particular :
      >
      > 1) Whats its power consumption like compared with the NSLU2?
      > 2) Is it as reliable as the Slug?
      > 3) Does it have any overheating issues?
      > 4) Is it worth the trouble switching over in general? Is OS support mature enough on it to run Debian Squeeze with full functionality of all I/O ports e.g.
      > 5) Is there any other platform that is perhaps better than the Pogoplug Series 4?
      >
      > No way I'm going to give up on the NSLU2 - its got a VW Beetle like aura about it so I'm going to keep it indefinitely :). But hardware failures do happen and I have to consider alternatives for the future.
      >
      > cheers,

      Comdif Telecom,
      Landline +33469665501
      Mobile   +33689816533