25040Re: [nslu2-linux] Looking for replacement AC adaptor

  • Jimmy C. Chau
    Apr 14, 2012
      Just to clarify, you don't need to match the max current; the max
      current of the power supply just needs to be at least as large (as the
      max current of the NSLU2 or the original power supply).

      When replacing power supplies, check that:
      - the plug matches,
      - the polarity matches (whether the center is + or -, this is usually
      indicated in symbol form),
      - the output voltage is identical,
      - the output current rating of the power supply is larger than the
      current rating of the load (in this case, the NSLU2),
      - and that the power supply is compatible with your wall power (if
      you're buying the power supply domestically, this last point is
      probably true).

      Best regards,
      -Jimmy

      On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:20:28 -0700
      Ralph Finch <ralphmariafinch@...> wrote:

      > Or...get a brand x power supply with the same output voltage and max
      > current. If the plug is not the same, no problem, cut the wires of the
      > replacement and defunct PSU, and wire the old plug to the new PSU.
      > Solder, crimps, whatever, separate with heat shrink tubing (best) or
      > electrical tape, etc.
      >
      > On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:09 AM, dystopianrebel
      > <dystopianrebel@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > The AC adaptor for one of my Slugs has failed. By swapping
      > > adaptors, I know that the Slug itself is still good.
      > >
      > > If you have a spare that you will not be using or want to sell,
      > > please contact me.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic