24942Re: Motion (software motion detector) release 3.2.12 -1 NO SQL support

  • jaaploes
    Nov 24, 2011
      Brian,

      Thanks for the quick response and excellent work. SQL is working!!!

      However motion is not going into daemon mode.

      In motion.conf I configured "daemon on". I start motion the following way: "/opt/bin/motion -c /opt/etc/motion/motion.conf" (My motion config file is in "/opt/etc/motion/motion.conf"

      Am I doing something wrong? If not, it would be great (actually needed) to get this working also.

      Thanks,

      Jaap

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > I just checked in a fix. Expect 3.2.12-2 to be in the feed in a few hours.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > -Brian
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "jaaploes" <jaaploes@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I Upgrade motion from release 3.2.4 to 3.2.12 (I needed to do the upgrade because I upgraded ffmpeg)
      > > I used the same config file as in 3.2.4 some minor changes like removing the configiration options "night_compensate", "minimum_gap", "low_cpu" because they where discontinued. So far no problem.
      > > Starting motion shows:
      > > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_image"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_snapshot"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_mpeg"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "sql_log_timelapse"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "sql_query"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_db"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_host"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_user"
      > > [0] Unknown config option "mysql_password"
      > >
      > > It looks like no SQL support is build in. There is also one other issue: motion is not going into daemon mode.
      > > Questions: Is SQL not build into motion anymore, or am I doing something wrong. If SQL is not build into motion wil or can this be done? I realy need it. Why is motion not going into daemon mode?
      > > Looking forward to your responses.
      > > Regards,
      > > Jaap

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic