24685Re: [nslu2-linux] newbie: firmware flash now cannot access slug

  • Stephen Miller
    Dec 19, 2010
      I installed slugosbe 5.3 beta using upslug2 on a debian machine. I put the NSLU2 into upgrade mode by holding reset and turning it on. When the top LED changed, I immediately released reset.

      Entering 'upslug2' at the command line of the linux box displayed the slug in upgrade mode. I then entered the command 'upslug2 -i ./slugosbe-5.3-beta-nslu2.bin and let it do its' thing. It rebooted automatically but I could not contact the device. I then powered it down and back up and could contact it. It did not like the default password and I hooked up the serial port to try that way. It turned out the unit wanted the old NSLU2 password.

      'df' on the slug shows lots of space available so that previous concern about no space was bogus; sorry about that.

      On 10-12-19 12:43 PM, tonjg wrote:

      sdm485 wrote:
      > Nice video. That looks exactly like a perfectly happy slugos boot. It
      > should be on the wiki! Is it possible that the ethernet cable has a
      > damaged tip such that one of the plastic separators has closed?

      no the same cable worked perfectly before and I've also tried a different

      Curious about the reset into upgrade not working; perhaps a non
      > functional reset button. You may have to consider adding the serial
      > cable to the thing to find out what the problem is.

      do you know where I can buy the right cable? I'm in the UK.