24682Re: [nslu2-linux] newbie: firmware flash now cannot access slug

  • tonjg
    Dec 19, 2010
      Mike Westerhof (mwester) wrote:

      > The SlugOS firmware uses whatever settings were left behind by the
      > previous Linksys, Unslung, or SlugOS firmware. So if it had a fixed IP
      > address before, it has the same one now. If it was set to DHCP, it will
      > DHCP (although not all routers will issue the same IP address after the
      > firmware change).
      >
      > Ping will work, but telnet will not -- you need to us an SSH client for
      > SlugOS.

      thats exactly my problem, ping does not work. I cannot get an ip address on
      this slug. Before running the flash upgrade the ip was 192.168.1.77 but now
      that doesn't respond. Please see previous post for wireshark activity during
      boot.