24680Re: [nslu2-linux] newbie: firmware flash now cannot access slug

  • tonjg
    Dec 19, 2010
      Mike Westerhof (mwester) wrote:

      > Do you see replies to the DCHP requests? Can you post the traffic that
      > you do see, so we can try to help?

      if I connect the slug directly to a pc and boot it up this is what I get:
      (wireshark file)
      http://www.zen187664.zen.co.uk/linksys/slugbootup.dat
      screenshot)
      http://www.zen187664.zen.co.uk/linksys/slugbootup.png

      -- is that the sercomm upgrade
      > utility --

      I tried both all_router_utility.zip (837 KB) and Upgrade_207_XP.zip (894 KB)
      but got nowhere with either.

      But anyway, the fact that it can't find the NSLU2 indicates that either
      > you have network problems (bad cable? bad port on a switch or router?
      > are your hosts and the NSLU2 on the same side of a routed network
      > segment?), or that you weren't in upgrade mode to begin with

      cables are ok. I use a cisco router and if I do 'show int Fa-xxx' in the
      router the console shows the mac address of the slug which means the router
      can see it. I'm getting a feeling this slug is bricked and maybe I have to
      do the jtag thing which leads me to the obvious question: where can I buy
      the right cable? I don't want to make one and I couldn't see the right one
      on ebay. I'm in the UK.