24591Problems with installing iptables

  • chib0
    Aug 29, 2010
      when trying to install iptable on my slug...

      I am using http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/EnableFirewall

      and when I run this ipkg install kernel-module-ip-tables -force-depends

      I get this error:

      ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-JpJQWk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/ 6.8-beta/kernel-module-ip-tables_2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10_ixp4xxbe.ipk'
      Failed to download kernel-module-ip-tables. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update '?

      I ve ran everything possible update, upgrade, changed dnses etc...I think there is something wrong with the link when I try using a browser directly...is there a way I can
      change the repository ipkg is using or get the file and install it locally?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic