24583Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: network problems in upgrade mode

  • Matt Tancock
    Aug 19, 2010
      Yeah, I did consider that. It'll be a couple of weeks before I have access to a windows box (all mac household!) but will then

      I've just (not sure why) ordered another slug so will see if I have any different joy with this one when it arrives!!

      On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM, rolandkbs <roland.krebs@...> wrote:

      You could try using Sercom from a Windows machine instead of Upslug2. Make sure there's no (software-)firewall active.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Matt Tancock <matttancock@...> wrote:
      > Still no joy. I've tried a variety of network settings on my laptop but still nothing can see the slug when it's in upgrade mode. I don't understand why because the first time around I was able to get it upgraded fine...

      > ---
      > Matt Tancock
      > On 19 Aug 2010, at 00:26, Brian Wood <bwood@...> wrote:
      > > On Wednesday 18 August 2010 13:39:06 Matt Tancock wrote:
      > > > I did try that, but I don't have a x-over cable so not sure if it will
      > > > work/what settings I should put into the network interface, or will it not
      > > > actually work without a xover? I've got a macbook pro....
      > >
      > > Youe MabBook Pro has an auto-sensing etnernet port. It will automatically
      > > determine if it needs to "cross over" the connections, and should thus work
      > > with either a straight-through or a crossover cable.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic