24575Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: network problems in upgrade mode

  • Matt Tancock
    Aug 18, 2010
      I did try that, but I don't have a x-over cable so not sure if it will work/what settings I should put into the network interface, or will it not actually work without a xover? I've got a macbook pro....

      On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM, rolandkbs <roland.krebs@...> wrote:

      When I had the same problem, I solved it by connection the slug directly to my computer, without router/switch/hub inbetween. Just give it a try.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Matt Tancock <matttancock@...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to reflash my slug. I'm running slugOS and a while back I lost
      > the ability to ssh into my slug, but my media server was still running. This
      > week the media server stopped working and I have no way to fix it! So
      > decided to try reflashing. When it's running (which it appears to be -
      > although I can ssh in if I remove the USB stick) it connects to the network
      > fine - if I go to my router configuration, I can see the IP address assigned
      > along with MAC address etc.
      > As soon as I put it into upgrade mode,I get the green/red flashing light and
      > the ethernet light is solid, along with my router light saying it detects a
      > connection, but my slug doesn't appear on the network, can't be found by
      > upslug2 and is generally not there. I've tried the process several times and
      > nothing is working.
      > Not sure what to do now...
      > Any suggestions?
      > Matt