24468Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Help with IceS - PERL quesion

  • M.J. Johnson
    May 12, 2010
         Thanks so much, Robert... will test this tonight!  I assume I'll first need to uninstall the existing ices package I have installed on my Slug.

         What should the ipkg install command look like?  I can try:

      ipkg install ices0_0.4-1_armeb.ipk

         ... but won't that just attempt to install the ipkg from the optware feed?  Should I attempt to explicitly specify the path to the ipk you sent me?

         Thanks so much for your assistance!

         - M.J.

      On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Robert Hammond <robham@...> wrote:
      Built for NSLU2 Unslung,  attached to this e-mail.  Hope that you receive it intact and it installs

      Best Regards

      In message <AANLkTinL6G5YqVZaEQuhxTmdBBpAZ-3MKTsfBCMOblJh@...>, M.J. Johnson <threeeyedtoad@...> writes
       Anyone?  Pretty please?

      On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM, M.J. Johnson <threeeyedtoad@...>wrote:

        Following up on this thread from last month, and taking the suggestion
      Brian offered - is there anyone who has a build environment up and running
      that would allow them to build the ipk binary I require (of ices0)?  If so,
      would you care to share?  The ipkg feed has not updated in the last two
      weeks with the updated ipk I seek...

      On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Brian <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      (took a little hack in adding the perl support because of cross

      Our autobuilder is having some problem. So the ipkg won't appear in the
      feeds for a few days.

      If you cannot wait, try setup a build environment and build the ipk binary
      yourself. Or ask some one to build it for you.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com <nslu2-linux%40yahoogroups.com>,
      "threeeyedtoad" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:
      > I believe I'm very, very close to solving the problem of streaming music
      via icecast while using mpd as the playlist manager - with no transcoding.
      > My success currently seems to hinge on being able to use a PERL module
      written for use with Ices0.
      > I've successfully installed Ices0 (0.4-1) from the ipkg feed for
      unslung. However, when I attempt to use ices with the PERL module I have, I
      receive this message:
      > Initialization of playlist handler failed. [This binary has no support
      for embedded perl]
      > Ices Exiting...
      > A quick search on this error reveals that I may be looking at a
      > http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6799
      > http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/ices0/INSTALL
      > I know Ices does work on my Slug without attempting to use the PERL
      module, as I've tested it with Icecast, and it works fine.
      > Please, please - would it be possible for the maintainer of the ipkg
      feed to add in support for PERL to Ices0?
      > It all feels so very, very close...

      Robert Hammond
      592B 0199 2D7F FC05 C4B1 0404 2258 4471 1541 44DA

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic